About Our Program
An Elite Pediatric Training Program
The Pediatric Residency Program at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh provides in-depth, hands-on training to pediatric residents interested in all areas of pediatrics.
Ranked among the elite pediatric residency programs in the nation, we offer:
- A learning environment that celebrates and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Residents support the Western Pennsylvania community through clinical care, social justice initiatives, and community health.
- Personalized, self-directed training based on each resident's learning goals and needs.
- Teaching at the bedside with the main goal of allowing residents to make care decisions on their own.
- Longitudinal leadership development through collaborative program developed with Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of Business and UPMC Learning and Development.
- Opportunity to participate in cutting edge discovery work with world leaders in pediatric research, leading to posters, presentations, and publications. Residents explore projects from clinical to translational to medical education research.
- The support of an entire health care team focused on providing family-centered care to all of the children and families we serve.
See the program's salary, health and life insurance package, vacation time, and more.
Our Pediatric Residency Program Faculty
See a list of the program's faculty and areas of expertise.