- Be US citizens or non-citizen nationals or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence (individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible)
- Have a health professional doctorate (MD or DO in primary care, DMD, RN/PhD, PharmD, or equivalent) or research doctorate (PhD, ScD, DrPH, or equivalent). MD and DO applicants should be trained in primary care (internal medicine, pediatrics or family medicine)
- Be able to commit 100% effort (40 hours per week) for at least two years to the Program and to related research activities (note: limited additional time is allowed for clinical duties)
- Not be or not have been a principal investigator on an R01 or R21 award or on a subproject of a P01, P50, U54, or K series grant.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the online application. You will be required to submit:
- Your CV
- A one- to two-page Personal Statement explaining your reasons for pursing the fellowship
- Three letters of recommendation
The General Internal Medicine Fellowship Program also offers positions for Medicine-Pediatric trained physicians.