Nikkan Das, MD
- Fellow, PGY4
Nikkan Das, MD is from Monmouth Junction, NJ and completed her undergraduate degree in biomedical engineering at Columbia University. She remained in New York City to complete her medical training at Weill Cornell Medical College. Upon graduation, she moved to North Carolina to complete her residency in Pediatrics at the University of North Carolina. She is currently a fellow at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pediatric Cardiology. Her research and academic interests include medical education and non-invasive cardiac imaging. In her free time, she enjoys baking (particularly cakes, pastries, and bread), singing, hiking, and trying out restaurants and breweries with her husband.
Fellow Biographical Details
Monmouth Junction, NJ
- College or Medical School
Columbia University and Weill Cornell Medical College
University of North Carolina
- Research Project
- Medical education - delivering serious news in pediatric cardiology
- Career and Research Interests
Medical education and non-invasive imaging
- Research Project Mentor
- Tyler Hutchison Harris, MD
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Heart Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Tau Beta Pi, Engineering Honor Society
Education & Training
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, magna cum laude, Columbia University, 2012
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College, 2016
- Residency in Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, 2016-2019
McDonough TL, Paolicchi JM, Heier LA, Das N, Engel M, Perlman JM, Grinspan, ZM. (2015). Prediction of Future Epilepsy in Neonates with Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy Who Received Selective Head Cooling. J Child Neurol. 2017 Jun;32(7):630-637.
Gillette BM, Rossen NS, Das N, Leong D, Wang M, Dugar A, Sia SK. Engineering extracellular matrix structure in 3D multiphase tissues. Biomaterials. 2011 Nov;32(32):8067-76.